Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
7 Steps for the Best Way to Lose Weight
Maybe you’re confused about the best way to lose weight? It's bad enough that reaching and maintaining your ideal weight is such a challenge, but why does it have to be so confusing?
There are dozens of advertised ways to lose weight, but what is the best way to lose weight?
Some say low fat, high carb. Some say low carb, high fat. Some say you have to count calories. But others tell you counting calories means you're obsessive. Some say the best way to lose weight is to eat only healthy foods, while others tell you to eat whatever you feel like eating.
And many people say that "diets" don't work at all. But of course that's ridiculous!
The Best Way to Lose Weight Research
Diet is what you eat and we human beings have to eat to live. So everyone who’s alive is on some kind of diet. Whether it's a good healthy diet or a junk food diet, you're on a diet.
And your diet either keeps you slim, healthy and looking and feeling good – or not!
So the saying, "diets don't work," can only be referring to the “temporary” weight loss diets. And that’s true. Temporary diets only produce temporary results – they don't work in the long run.
The best way to clear up the confusion and learn the best way to lose weight is to find out from those who’ve done it. The National Weight Control Registry research shows that those who've lost 30 pounds or more and kept it off for at least three years, followed these seven steps.
1. Make permanent healthy changes. Healthy permanent weight loss requires permanent healthy lifestyle changes. Most of those who lose weight regain it only because they go back to their old eating and lifestyle habits. Begin your program with a commitment to a healthy new life.
2. Eat low calorie high fiber foods. People successful at weight loss limit calories and portion sizes. And they often begin by using a calorie chart and keeping a simple food journal with calorie counts. They drink plenty of calorie free water, eat simple lean, high protein foods with fewer calories per bite and focus on filling high fiber foods, such as vegetables.
3. Be physically active every day. Besides burning calories, exercise removes toxins, improves metabolism, builds lean muscle and helps you to look and feel your absolute best. So discover the benefits of walking, climb more stairs and do other things that pump up the activity.
4. Put the scales in their place. While you're losing, avoid weighing yourself. Put your focus on creating new habits and counting calories, not pounds. Once you reach your goal, get the scales out and weigh yourself every week to make sure you stay within 5 pounds of your target.
5. Plan ahead and pay attention. A good rule of thumb is don't leave home without a bag of raw veggies and some lean protein foods. Whenever possible steer clear of buffet tables and fancy affairs. If you have to be around tempting foods, prepare yourself beforehand.
6. Be patient and persistent. I know you want to lose weight fast. But, when it comes to losing, going fast is a speed trap that keeps you from winning. Remember the tortoise and the hare? Slow and steady wins the race. Your body needs time to adjust to each and every pound lost.
7. Change your mind first. Most people use food to entertain or avoid. To change your body you must change your mind. Reprogram yourself to behave differently than the masses. Sweet, salty and rich fatty foods are addictive. The simpler and healthier you eat, the less likely you'll overeat. Instead of food indulgences, find new healthy ways to entertain and sooth yourself.
So, even though there are many ways to lose weight, these seven simple steps are your proven best bet for the best way to lose weight and achieve long-lasting healthy weight loss.
For more healthy weight loss support be sure to sign up for my Natural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy:
How to Lose Weight Fast and Safe
Healthy Complete Best Protein Sources
Fat Burning Foods that Speed Up Metabolism
How Many Calories Should I Eat a Day to Lose Weight
To subscribe to the Natural Health Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright by Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Moss Greene. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Moss Greene. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Moss Greene for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.