Good Nutrition begins with making healthy daily food choices. But the foundation of good nutrition is consistency in choosing healthy food and living a healthy lifestyle everyday.
Healthy eating can't just be part of a temporary "diet" or "program." It has to be a way of life.
And the good nutrition tips below will help you understand the concept of choosing the right macronutrients and micronutrients necessary for good health. So, are you eating healthy now? If not, maybe it's time to start following these "eat to live" healthy, good nutrition guidelines.
What is Good Nutrition for Healthy Macronutrients?
Good nutrition decreases your risk of getting sick and developing degenerative diseases like cancer, diabetes and heart disease. And it also increases your odds for living a happier life.
The important macronutrients ("big" nutrients) are proteins, fats, carbohydrates and liquids. The problem is there are good and bad quality choices for each. But here are good nutrition choices.
- Healthy protein comes from quality high protein foods sources. Choose poultry without the skin, lean meats and omega 3 fish. Bake, broil or grill it to stay lean and healthy. Other good sources are low-fat yogurt, cheese and other dairy, eggs, beans and nuts.
- Healthy Fats have fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids, especially omega 3 fish oil. Choose whole grains, nuts, seeds, fatty fish and olive oil for salads and cooking. Avoid trans fats, limit saturated fats and keep total fat calories between 25% and 30%.
- Healthy Carbohydrates are generally high fiber foods that are low on the glycemic index food list. A low glycemic diet emphasizes fresh veggie complex carbohydrates like raw carrots, red peppers, broccoli, kale, and other leafy greens, plus most raw fruits, beans, low fat dairy and whole grains, such as brown rice, rolled oats and 100% whole grain pasta, breads and crackers. Avoid high glycemic carbohydrates.
- Healthy Liquids replenish you with water, an essential nutrient involved in every function of your body, including digestion, absorption, circulation and elimination. Since water makes up two-thirds of your body, pure water is the best liquid for you to drink.
What is Good Nutrition for Healthy Micronutrients?
Both daily exercise and good quality nutritional supplements can help with calories. Exercise burns calories and supplements help you keep micronutrients high while you keep calories low.
The necessary micronutrients ("little" nutrients) are vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
These are called micronutrients because you need them in smaller amounts than the basic "big" four macronutrients. But optimal levels of micronutrients are vitally essential to your good health.
- Healthy Vitamins, Minerals and Phytonutrients are necessary for growth, digestion, elimination, resistance to disease and vitality. Optimal, rather than borderline, health requires both healthy eating and supplementing your diet with optimum amounts of high quality nutritional health supplements and phytonutrients from the human food chain.
Following these good nutrition tips and guidelines will help you understand the importance of good nutrition and how to choose the healthy macronutrients and micronutrients necessary.
Be sure to check out my free Natural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy:
List of High Fiber Foods
Why Is Drinking Water Important?
How to Lose Weight Eating Healthy
Food Fat List of Good Fats & Bad Fats
To subscribe to the Natural Health Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright by Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.