Deep Cleaning Your Home
1) Cleaning blades of ceiling and floor fans
2) Sweeping porches, entryways and walkways (outdoors)
3) Wash interior and exterior thresholds - including doors!
4) Clean welcome mat
5) Wash sides of house - noting anything that needs repair or touch up
6) Wash all doors (exterior and interior) making sure to get border and knobs
7) Wash all vent covers (ceiling, floor, etc.)
8) Reseal grout
9) Wash walls & trim (touch up paint too!)
10) Wash all windows, screens and sills (interior and exterior)
11) Wash all cabinets - inside and out
12) Wash inside/outside of washer and dryer
13) Wash all switch plates
14) Wash children's toys
15) Sort all Cd's, DVDs, books and magazines - tidy bookshelves, purging what isn't used/needed
16) Clean off electronics
17) Vacuum/clean all furniture - spot clean as needed
18) Wash bed linens, pillows, duvets, curtains, throw pillows and blankets
19) Dust all shelves, furniture and wall hangings/decorations
20) Clean lamps and shades
21) Polish tables and wood furniture
22) Wash table lines
23) Clean/dust all light fixtures/chandeliers
24) Clean under kitchen appliances
25) Clean all kitchen (large & small) appliances - interior and exterior
26) Clean back splash and walls above counters in Kitchen
27) Clean and organize refrigerator and freezers, pantries and cupboards
28) Clean all mirrors and frames
29) Clean/clean all cupboards and vanities - purge what you don't use/need
30) Clean mattress - turn and flip. Freshen by sprinkling with baking soda, letting it sit and then vacuuming it up.
31) Air out your mattress pad(s)
32) Move bed - clean out from underneath.
33) Clean out all dressers/drawers/closets - linen, bedroom, storage, etc. Purge what isn't needed/necessary (donate, toss, etc)
No matter how long it has been since you did any of these jobs, your house will thank you for taking the time. You can break up the jobs by room or by 'type', conquering a little bit every day.
Make it a great one!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Tammy Judd. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tammy Judd. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tammy Judd for details.