Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Creating resolutions and goals can be popular to do in the new year. How long do people keep their resolutions and what percentage of people follow through with them? Creating a vision board can be great for manifesting what you'd like in your life. It's a tool that narrows your focus on one goal and presents it in a visual manner. The power of visualization should not be overlooked. Vision boards can be created in a group or in the privacy of your home. Here are some tips to follow:
1. Meditate or think deeply on some goals for the new year. Is it to get in shape? Be healthier? Make better food decisions? Be more loving? Find a new home? Look for a relationship? Focus on the goal or goals you'd like to achieve. Or, if you don't have a specific goal in mind, you can do a board with general themes.
2. Collect pictures, words, and quotes from magazines or the internet that support your goal or desires. Get a stack of magazines that tend to publish positive articles. Vision boards should be positive, right? Oftentimes, thrift stores sell magazines for a mere quarter. If you are looking to get healthier, you could collect pictures of healthful foods and affirmations that say "I choose healthy foods" or "Creating healthy meals makes me joyful". Get creative, this is the fun part.
3. Take a poster board and arrange the quotes and words in a visually pleasing manner. Take your time and make it beautiful. If certain images or words don't seem right, don't use them. Again, use your intuition. Use glue sticks to attach the paper not school glue as it makes the pages ripple. You may also use fancy markers, paints, adornments, and embellishments to make this poster board special.
4. Place your vision board in a place that you will see it each day. Hang it above your desk, next to your night stand, or near a sacred space in your house. Spend time each day with your board. Imagine yourself at your desired goals. Create some affirmations to say as you soak up the beautiful images on your board. It is recommended to spend some time before bed reflecting on your vision board. Those precious moments you spend prior to sleep carry through the whole night and in your dreams. Make a new vision board each year, at least.
5. If you do this in a group setting, it's helpful to know what you'd like your board to focus on prior to meeting with friends. Also, it's also great to have everyone share what is on their board when they are finished creating.
Creating a vision board can be a great tool for manifesting ones goals and desires. The process of creating it can be fun and exciting, even children can be introduced to this great art. It's simple, easy, and effective!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Aimee Wood. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Aimee Wood. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Aimee Wood for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.