Guest Author - Jacqueline Rosenbalm
Everyone wants a diet pill that can do wonderful things that we canít seem to do for ourselves. A magic diet pill that will make all the weight we have accumulated over time melt away fast and easy with little or no sacrifice or exercise on our part. It really is the perfect dream; to eat ourselves into oblivion with fatty foods, gain weight and then miraculously eliminate it overnight by taking a diet pill. Please tell me there really is a product out there that can achieve this magical feat!
Sorry, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is no magic diet pill that can make more than a temporary difference in your weight and your health. In my opinion the healthiest option is to change your diet, learn to make healthy choices and exercise regularly. Stop eating the over processed, fat and sugar laden foods that are causing the weight gain and health issues in the first place.
It is easy to see why so many people believe there is such a diet pill. The medical profession has been telling us for decades that if we come to them with our health problems they can give us a pill that will manage all our problems without us changing a thing! We can keep doing all the things that caused the illness in the first place as long as we continue to take our medication.
It has been my experience that most diet pills cause more problems than solutions, even the so called natural ones can have side effects. The biggest problem is that by using diet pills to solve your weight issues you never address the direct cause and therefore never permanently solve the problem. So, most people are always going on diets when they should consider making a permanent lifestyle change instead.
Warning: It is always best if you have any existing health problems that you undertake changes in diet under the supervision of your doctor. Before making any abrupt lifestyle changes check with your doctor to make sure these changes will not effect you in a negative manner.
Seven changes that can have the biggest impact on weight loss:
1) Stop using food to numb yourself or make yourself feel better. Before you eat something stop and ask yourself if you are eating because you are actually hungry or because you are bored, upset or depressed. If you aren't really hungry then take a walk in the sunshine instead. You will feel better because exercise will increase endorphin levels and elevate your mood.
2) Consider finding a counselor to help you work through your emotional eating issues. Emotional issues and deep seated hurt that we often medicate with food will not go away by itself. That's why the dieting cycle is repeated over and over throughout someones lifetime.
3) Stop drinking diet sodas and using artificial sweeteners. Use Stevia, organic honey, fresh fruit juice or dates instead if you feel you cannot do without a sweetener.
4) Drink freshly made juices instead of other beverages including soda or water. Juice will keep you hydrated and provides the nutrients that your body needs to feel satisfied. It will help to eliminate cravings as well.
5) Eliminate all processed and canned foods from your diet. They are filled with sodium, sugar and high fructose corn syrup. They contain empty calories and the sodium causes water retention.
6) Limit meat intake and foods high in fat, particularly animal fats and most oils. Coconut and flax seed oil are best but use sparingly.
7) Take a fifteen - thirty minute walk every day. Get a partner to walk with you; they can encourage you to continue to go every day even when you donít feel like going.
The single most important thing you can eat that will really make a difference quickly is fresh organic fruits and vegetables in as close to their natural state as possible. You can eat your fill without having to count calories. If you crave something sweet fresh fruit is a wonderful treat that you can eat until you are satisfied without guilt and weight gain. Smoothies are a great way to eat fruit and vegetables on the run and they are very satisfying and provide needed energy.
These suggestions would be much better, in my opinion, than using any kind of diet pill whether over the counter or prescription diet medication. The only side effect you can expect would be a happier, healthier and slimmer you!