Vacuuming - the How's and Why's
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your weekly vacuuming experience:
1) Make sure your floor is completely picked up. Pick up any small things that your vacuum is incapable of sucking up. The better "pick-up" you do the longer your vacuum can last.
2) Always start with the edges first. Use your crevice attachment around all of your edges. This is a great time to use the dryer sheet on your base boards, too.
3) Always vacuum horizontally first - starting at the farthest away point of the room.
4) Vacuum vertically second - again starting at the farthest away point in the room. Vacuum right out your doorway.
* Yes you are vacuuming twice but this insures the optimum clean for your floors. This will pull out tricky hairs or dirt that is embedded into your carpet fibers.
5) By starting at the furthest away point and going on out your door, you will be ending up with those vacuum lines that just shout CLEAN!
6) You can use baking soda on your floors for the first horizontal pass. You can also add essential oil drops (2-3) onto a cotton ball or a tissue and place inside your vacuum canister. This will help freshen the room while you vacuum.
7) Try to keep your family from walking on your newly vacuumed carpet so you can enjoy your vacuum lines longer. :) Good luck with this one!!
No matter the size of your room, getting a good, deep vacuuming done can really make a huge impact on your living space - big or small. It's been said that the best color carpet to get is white - because you will see the dirt faster and will vacuum and clean it more frequently. Good luck on your cleaning!
Make it a great one!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Tammy Judd. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tammy Judd. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tammy Judd for details.