Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
QUESTIONS Amanda Fisher and the Source Crystals
Amanda Fisher and the Source Crystals, by Cherie Ruffo, is a wonderful middle reader fantasy filled with visionary and metaphysical ideas.
BLISS Books, an imprint of Denouement Literary Agency, LLC will work with book clubs and churches to provide 25 or more copies of this book at 40% off the retail value as listed on Amazon. Contact Editor (at) BLISSBooksOnline (dot) com.
Series: The Source Crystals
Paperback: 536 pages
Publisher: Portals Publishing (April 23, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 9 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
The bumpff states:
Amanda Fisher sees things in her dreams most people dont. Her world is turned upside down when she begins receiving messages through her dreams from her grandmother, who died recently. This leads thirteen-year-old Amanda and her younger brother, Danny, on an adventure where they learn an ancient family secret. They are the last in line of guardians of the mysterious Source Crystals, the most powerful stones in the world. Hunted by the Hraefn Corporation, and horrible, dark creatures who have been after their family for thousands of years, they are caught in a battle between light and dark forces. The guardians seek help from the wise Elders they meet in a mystical place inside the earth. They will be challenged far beyond the training they receive from the Elders. If they are not successful, millions of people will be in danger and the planet will return to the terror of the Dark Ages. A Book Club Discussion Guide is included in the book, perfect for Middle Readers reading groups and study guides. This is the first of a series.
1. What are the similarities and differences between each of the guardians?
2. Which character did you relate to the most? What traits in Amanda, Danny, Sam and Analei do you have?
3. Who was your favorite character? Why?
4. How do the guardians work together and help each other?
5. In what ways do the guardians grow and change throughout their adventure?
6. How does the story being told from the perspective of Amanda affect the story?
7. Do you know any people in your life who are like the Elders? What makes them like the Elders?
8. What did you think of the naurods? Do you recognize any similar personality traits that people have in the world today?
9. What are the similarities and differences between the guardians and the Elders? What are the similarities and differences between the Hraefn Corporation and the naurods? What about the similarities and differences between the Dark and the Light?
10. What do you think is next in the guardians adventures? What will the naurods do? What will the Hraefn Corporation do?
11. In what ways do you think activating the Source Crystals would make the world a better place? What would you do if you fully activated your powers?
12. How would you make the world a better place to live if you had the Source Crystals?
13. Have you ever struggled with the power of faith or strength in your own life? What do they mean to you?
14. What are the similarities and differences between the third dimension and the fifth?
15. What would you do in a place like Pukalani? What was your favorite part of Pukalani? Why?
16. Do you believe that the lands of Atlantis and Lemuria could have existed? What do you think happened to them?
17. What are the underlying values and morals in the book? What do they say about the main focus of the novel? Does the book have a central theme or use symbolism?
18. If you could change something about the book, what would it be and why?
19. How did the book affect you? Do you feel changed in any way or have a better understanding of a person or situation? Did it expand your range of experience or challenge your assumptions in any way?
20. Consider the ending. Did you expect it, or was it surprising? Is there a question you still want to know an answer to? What does it suggest about book two in the series?
Content copyright © 2015 by Evelyn Rainey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Evelyn Rainey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Evelyn Rainey for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.