Guest Author - Sandy Moyer
Use small shells, rotini, or your favorite fun or seasonal pasta shapes in this tasty, easy to prepare pasta salad recipe. It's a perfect salad for parties, picnics or an every day side dish.
- 12 oz. pasta
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes - cut into 1" chunks and seeded
- 1 large or 2 small red or green bell peppers - cut in 1" pieces
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped broccoli (optional)
- 1/3 cup olives - green or black, sliced thin (optional)
- thinly sliced pepperoni or hard salami (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian salad dressing
Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander and run it under cool water. Mix all the remaining ingredients together, except the salad dressing. Toss the cooked pasta with the ingredient mixture. Stir in the salad dressing until everything is well blended. (Start with about 8 oz. salad dressing. You can add more salad dressing if needed, just before serving.)
Optional - Just before Serving -
Sprinkle lightly with additional grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish with cherry or grape tomatoes.