OXO Designs New Line of Ergonomic Office Products
OXO currently makes more than 800 products. The majority of them have helped ease kitchen tasks. The potato peeler and manual can opener have alone helped ease the pain of many arthritic joints. Over the years, the line has expanded to include bath cleaning tools and accessories, household cleaning tools, and even garden tools. As the company continues to grow, I am happy to learn that they have recently added office equipment to their line of products.
Founded in 1990, OXO states on their website that their company mission is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. Their design philosophy is to make products that are simple to use for the widest possible spectrum of users. Their goal is to make everyday work tasks easier, more efficient and more pleasant.
Many of OXOs product designs incorporate the principles of joint protection listed above. Here are a few examples of products that will take the pain and strain out of repetitive office tasks-
- Staplers and staple remover with large, soft, non-slip grips
- A hole punch with a hinged base that expands for a larger grip with more leverage, then collapses for easy storage
- staplers with increased stapling power
- rulers with an aluminum cutting side, a clear drawing side, and a raised, soft, non-slip grip
- a tape dispenser with a weighted base and easy access to the spool
scissors with soft, non-slip handles and a box-cutting setting that helps prevent injuries
- push-pins and binder clips with a soft, non-slip surface that is easier on the fingers, pens and markers that are easy to hold and are retractable
Check out these OXO products on Amazon.com -
All Purpose Scissors & Utility Knife
And here’s a fun-fact regarding the name of the company: OXO's founder, Sam Farber, chose the name "OXO" because whether it's horizontal, vertical, upside down or backwards, it always reads "OXO."
Marji Hajic is an Occupational Therapist and a Certified Hand Therapist practicing at the Hand Therapy & Occupational Fitness Center in Santa Barbara, California. For more information on hand and upper extremity injuries, prevention and recovery, visit Hand Health Resources.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Marji Hajic. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Marji Hajic. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.