By being flexible and open to the moment's input we have the best chance of seeing how a situation can grow into its best resolve. Being stuck like glue in a point of view we block out options we may have found useful.
By our free will it is our choice to view for improvement or just prove a point.
Underlying our cover of thoughts is our bed of preconceived attitudes on life and living. Attitudes influence our thoughts, thoughts determine our words - written or spoken - which in turn determine our course of action.
To begin setting the stage for positive attitudes to have their play:
1. Keep in mind that more options for action are available when we are looking for the best resolve. And that the most options come to mind when we hold onto a positive attitude. A positive attitude says, 'let's work this out' and not 'let's fight this out'.
2. Resolve to act for the best resolve of each situation.
3. Remember the phrase 'action-reaction'. Positive actions produce positive results; negative actions produce negative results.
Happiness in living is our goal no matter what form our outer lives take. No matter what our career goals are every person, every day wants happiness to prevail.
Meditation for Reflection
Sitting or lying still begin even breathing to calm the mind and relax the body - count 1 breathe in, count 2 breathe out, continuing for a minute or more.
Think about one of the key phrases from your reading: Positive Attitude, Action-Reaction, Free Will.
What is your understanding of the idea it represents? How could you apply it to your life?
Next, do a few minutes of even breathing again and notice how your body quiets and mind becomes more peaceful. Enjoy this restful state of body asleep and mind awake.
Say a few appreciations for all the positive parts of your life.
To end the session take a deep breath, stretch, and get up or sleep.
Allow the greatest amount of happiness
To seep into the crevices
And actions of our lives
Article and photo by Susan Helene Kramer
Go to another lesson
A Course in Consciousness through Meditation Introduction
1. Accessing our Higher Self
2. Growing in Consciousness
3. Attitudes Underlie Thinking, Speaking, Acting
4. Loosening the Knots in our Heart
5. Making Memories
6. Our Body of Energy
7. Our Deepest Roots
8. Personal Integrity
9. The Voice of Conscience
10. Panorama of Unlimited Consciousness
For offline reading
Meditation for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages.
Meditation for all Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations.