|Check the chart below for approximate grilling times for chicken, burgers, steaks, chops and ribs.|
There's also a list of grilling tips and grill recipes below the chart.
|Chicken Drumsticks||small to medium size||16 to 20 minutes||Chicken Leg Quarters||bone-in||20 to 30 minutes||Chicken Thighs||bone-in||20 to 30 minutes||Chicken Thighs||boneless||12 to 15 minutes||Chicken Breasts||bone-in||25 to 35minutes||Chicken Breasts||boneless||16 to 20 minutes||Hamburger Patties||1/2" thick - 1/4 lb. patties||11 to 13 minutes||Hamburger Patties||3/4" thick - 1/3 lb. patties||15 to 18 minutes||Sirloin Steak||3/4" thick||14 to 16 minutes||Sirloin Steak||1" thick||17 to 21 minutes||Rib eye Steak||3/4" thick||10 to 12 minutes||T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks||3/4" thick||10 to 12 minutes||T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks||1" thick||14 to 16 minutes||Boneless Chuck Steaks||3/4" thick||16 to 28 minutes||Top Round Steak||1" thick||16 to 20 minutes||*Top Round (London Broil)||1 1/2" thick||25 to 30 minutes||Pork Loin or Rib Chops(bone-in)||3/4" thick||8 to 10 minutes||Pork Loin or Rib Chops(boneless)||1" thick||10 to 12 minutes||*Country-Style Spareribs||2 to 2 1/2 lbs.||1 1/2 to 2 hours||*Backribs||2 to 2 1/2 lbs.||1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours|
* Grill covered and wrapped in foil
- Grill should be about 4" above the coals for these suggested grilling times.
- Coals should be medium hot.
- Grill for about half the suggested time or until browned on one side, then turn the pieces over and continue grilling for the remaining time or until done.
- Turn the meat and poultry being with a tongs to prevent piercing, loss of juices and drying, and flare-ups.
- For juicy burgers, never flatten with a spatula while grilling.
- Always grill hamburgers until the centers are no longer pink.
- Chicken and pork must always be cooked until well done. For chicken, the juices should run clear when pierced with a fork near the end of the suggested grilling time.
- Marinating is recommended for less tender beef cuts such as round steaks or chuck steaks.
|Bourbon Grilled Steak||Sweet & Tangy Grilled Pork Chops|
~~~~ Handy Grill Helpers ~~~~~
Grill up to five slabs of ribs in the space of one on this nonstick rib rack. Clean-up is easy... it's dishwasher safe and folds flat to store.
This instant-read thermometer is designed for grill chefs! No more guessing or cutting into juicy steaks to check for doneness, letting all the juices escape. With ThermoFork TM, you simply poke in the twin prongs, press a button in the handle, and get an instant read-out - from very rare to well done
You Should Also Read:
The Home Cooking Recipe Index and Site Map
The Home Cooking Cookbook Corner
The Kabob Cookbook
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Sandy Moyer. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Sandy Moyer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Allyson Elizabeth D´Angelo for details.