Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Dance Meditation Handbook
For teens and adults, illustrated with photographs and ink drawings, this is a comprehensive handbook of elements to include in dance meditations, with 6 guided lessons and an appendix of musical suggestions; a companion you won't want to be without in your practice or for teaching! 40 page ebook.
From the text:
Table of Contents
The 3 Elements of Dance Meditation
A. Stretching Exercises 1 - 7
B. Expressive Dancing Elements 1 - 9
C. Reflection Techniques
Lesson Plans Introduction
Lesson 1. Energizing
Lesson 2. Rejuvenation and Renewal
Lesson 3. Feeling Composure
Lesson 4. Maintaining or Regaining Personal Peace
Lesson 5. Inspiration or Harmonizing with the Higher Good
Lesson 6. World Peace
Appendix of Musical Selections for Dancing
Movement is natural; the force that gets us where we want, doing what we want.
Dance meditation gets the body moving aerobically - breathing increases, oxygenating blood; hormones that give us a sense of well-being circulate; joints and muscles are flexed; heart and lungs are toned. And, our outlook on life is lifted; we feel energized by dancing.
I've found that through the combination of music, expressive dance and calm reflection I can achieve greater harmony, creativity and productivity.
1. Dance meditation is for individual or group practice.
2. Provide enough space for moving, indoors or out.
3. Dress in comfortable clothes for bending and moving; bare feet or soft shoes such as ballet slippers or gymnastic shoes are best.
4. Have music ready to begin playing after the stretching session. 25 musical selections are included in the appendix that I find uplifting; use any music that you find energizing and uplifting.
5. Wait an hour after eating before beginning dance meditation.
I think you'll enjoy, as much as I do, putting these ideas into practice!
Available to buy at this link:
Dance Meditation - Ebook
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Susan Helene Kramer. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Susan Helene Kramer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Susan Helene Kramer for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.