Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Benefits of Meditation for Kids
Here are some ways kids can benefit from different meditation techniques.
1. Learning even, regular breathing gives instant stress relief on a moment's notice. The regular even breathing is a bridge that ties body to mind; when breathing is made regular it calms the physical body.
2. Following the sequence within a meditation develops memory and the ability to concentrate.
3. Longer meditations give the body and mind time to relax and center.
4. I found in teaching, that active or hyperactive kids moving in rhythm with the group - such as in the circle meditation or dance meditation - derive a calming effect.
5. Meditation is non-competitive, and each can participate to their own ability with adaptations if needed, or by working with a partner.
6. Meditation can be done individually or in a group setting and it does not need a special place to practice.
Sitting meditation for kids translated into Dutch, French, German and Spanish
Walking meditation for kids translated into Dutch, French, German and Spanish
Susan Kramer has been teaching yoga, meditation and dance to students of all ages and abilities since 1965.
For offline reading
Meditation for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages.
Meditation for all Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Susan Helene Kramer. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Susan Helene Kramer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Susan Helene Kramer for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.