Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Meditation, Prayer, Tai Chi or Yoga
Do you want to reclaim your peace after a busy day? Do you want to get centered before heading out to school or work? Do you want a private retreat to get away from the world? Then create a space at home to practice meditation, prayer, yoga, tai chi or other spiritual practices!
Some ways to create space
- Convert a guest room or adult child's old bedroom to a clear open space that serves double duty, by keeping a futon folded up and stored on end in the closet - to be rolled out for visitors.
- Create floor space by removing tables, dressers and night stands from the floor. Instead use high shelving to store items. Perhaps you have room for a long shelf or a string of cupboards on the wall over a window or doorway.
- Use the center of your attic if you have space to stand. Attach flooring boards to the rafters in your 'found space' and tack down a piece of wall to wall carpeting. Do not burn candles and incense, though, because of fire danger. Rather, use a soft light bulb in the attic light fixture. (Photo shows reclaimed attic space - light is coming in from a dormer window at the right.)
- Do you have a space of patio that you can block off from prying eyes with a fence or shrubbery? Practicing meditation, prayer, tai chi or yoga outdoors can be very peaceful.
- How wide is your hallway? Perhaps this is another space that can be reclaimed for motion practices. Be sure the flooring is non-slip - roll up those throw rugs first.
As you can see, there are ways to make some space for the practices that keep you going and enrich your body-mind-spiritual health in the process.
I invite you to join me in a daily world peace group cyber meditation. Click the article here to read about it.
Meditation Lessons for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Meditation for All Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Sign up below or in the right-hand column for our meditation site newsletter. It only requires your email address and is never given out or sold to anyone. If at any time you wish to stop receiving it, each newsletter contains a link to unsubscribe. Each person must sign up themselves. We can't sign up for you. It is an easy way to keep abreast of new articles on the meditation site. Make meditation part of your daily routine and let the Bellaonline meditation articles help you select just what kind of meditation is right for you, whether you are a child, teen, or adult, a beginner, or advanced practitioner.
Article by Susan Helene Kramer
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Susan Helene Kramer. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Susan Helene Kramer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Susan Helene Kramer for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.