Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Spring Equinox Meditation and Prayer Celebration
The spring equinox marks equal hours of light and darkness, and in the northern hemisphere it is a time of moving toward growth in the natural world; an inspiration for accelerated growth in our lives.
As the equinox is a marking point, it is an opportunity for celebration of the spirit running through us all.
Here is a plan for an equinox celebration for a group of people to hold outdoors - at the beach, park, in the mountains, or another space big enough wherever you live.
The celebration ceremony
1. A central focal point is established. It could be a bon fire or candles or flowers - something universal to all, regardless of religious orientation.
2. To begin, everyone gathers round the central focal point in a circle and holds hands.
3. The leader or group recite a prayer for spiritual growth in personal peace and world peace. I like the “St. Francis Prayer for Peace.”
4. After the prayer follows a minute of silence for contemplation on the meaning of the equinox as a point in time signaling spiritual balance.
5. The silence flows into uplifting group singing or peace chants. If the group knows a simple circle dance that could come next.
6. At the end of singing and dancing everyone sits down in place for a few minutes of silent meditation on the theme of spiritual renewal - spiritual growth.
7. Rounding out the ceremony, all rise, join hands and sing an uplifting song for world peace and harmony. A recommendation is “Let There Be Peace on Earth and Let It Begin With Me” by Sy Miller and Bill Jackson.
It is fun to finish out the event with socialization in a potluck meal or dessert!
Easter Prayer for Children
I invite you to join me in a daily group cyber meditation for personal and planetary peace. Click the article here to read about it.
Meditation Lessons for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Meditation for All Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook
Sign up below or in the right-hand column for our meditation site newsletter. It only requires your email address and is never given out or sold to anyone. If at any time you wish to stop receiving it, each newsletter contains a link to unsubscribe. Each person must sign up themselves. We can't sign up for you. It is an easy way to keep abreast of new articles on the meditation site. Make meditation part of your daily routine and let the bellaonline meditation articles help you select just what kind of meditation is right for you, whether you are a child, teen, or adult, a beginner, or advanced practitioner.
Article by Susan Helene Kramer
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Susan Helene Kramer. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Susan Helene Kramer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Susan Helene Kramer for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.