Healthy Dessert Inspired Breakfasts
Dessert is one of those simple things in life that can bring back so many memories. Unfortunately, eating sugar and fat after dinner can take a serious toll on your waistline. Secret diet tip: These recipes are healthy enough, and packed with enough protein to even use as your breakfast. Just remember portion size and you can have your cake and eat it too!
Cinnamon Banana “Breakfast Cake”
Flavorful and moist, this cake can be made as a loaf or cupcakes, (oops, I mean breakfast muffins). Yum!
1. Heat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, egg whites and beat sugar until well blended. Add bananas, vanilla, yogurt, and applesauce. Mix well.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 2 tsps. ginger to banana mixture. Mix until moistened. Add milk. Mix well. Pour into sprayed pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly.
5. In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients. Mix gently. Cut cake into squares. Serve warm or cool, topped with whipped topping mixture.
Yields 9 servings
This Healthy Banana Split tastes so good you may be having dessert for breakfast (and lunch and dinner). Enjoy! Makes 1 serving.
Mix together agave nectar and Greek yogurt into a bowl.
Mix yogurt with bananas, strawberries, almonds, and chocolate. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Christina T. Schlachter, PhD. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Christina T. Schlachter, PhD. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Megan Mignot for details.