Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Integral Yoga Magazine - Review
Sharpen your practices by subscribing to Integral Yoga Magazine, an ecumenical quarterly journal on yoga and meditation applied to daily life, inspired by its founder, Swami Satchidananda.
Each issue contains at least one article from the archives of Swami Satchidananda (1914-2002), and his master, Swami Sivananda of Rishikesh, India, (1887-1963).
The bulk of in-depth articles are by knowledgeable professionals in their field. Each issue is about 8.5 by 11 inches and has approximately 48 pages of text; the interior is black and white with clear photos of the article authors, with mini-bio and contact information.
The magazine covers are in color and mostly depict inspiring photos from Swami Satchidananda's life.
Here is a sampling of article titles from a recent issue:
- Sankirtan Yoga by H. H. Sri Swami Sivananda
- Listening to the Sound Within by H. H. Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Perfect Panacea by Swami Karunananda
- Special Section: The Yoga of Sound - includes interview on Nada Yoga with Yogi Hari; Kirtan and the World's sacred Chant Traditions by Steven J. Rosen; The Vibrational Science of Mantra - an interview with Jonathan Goldman; The Gentle Art of Meditative Toning by David Gordon; Kirtan - Singing to the Inner Vastness of the Heart - an interview with Jai Uttal; Shabad Yoga - The Sounds of Wisdom - an interview with Snatam Kaur.
- Inside the Yoga Sutras - the Mystic OM by Reverend Jaganath Carrera
- Yoga for Your Personal Finances by Jacqueline Richards
Click on the photo above and check out the sample articles.
When my issue of Integral Yoga Magazine arrives each quarter - Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, I drop what I'm doing and sit down for an hour to breeze through the offerings.
Then, later in the evening I'm sure to be spending time digesting the whole magazine, which to me is a banquet of nourishment and encouragement in my meditation and yoga practices.
Reading about others being successful on the spiritual path is such a positive incentive to me, a boost of energy. I think it will be for you also.
My highest recommendation!
To view sample articles and order go to this link:
Integral Yoga Magazine
Yogaville Retreat Center
The reviewer, Susan Kramer, is a devotee of Sri Swami Satchidananda and is the BellaOnline Meditation editor, and writes on practical spirituality, meditation for kids, teens and adults, yoga, dance, codependency and social issues.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Susan Helene Kramer. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Susan Helene Kramer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Susan Helene Kramer for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.