Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Summer Solstice Celebration
Summer Solstice Prayer:
In gratefulness we lift our eyes
With loving thoughts in heart
We give thanks for all things good
For blessings the Creator imparts.
Let our hearts be ever glad
For beauty that abounds
And gives a taste of heaven's glory
When summer comes around.
The summer solstice marks the longest hours of daylight in the Northern Hemisphere.
It is a time for enjoying all nature has to offer in the outdoors. And if you live in the Southern Hemisphere, the seasons are reversed with the shortest hours of light now, and time for more indoor activities.
Living in either hemisphere, the solstice turning points are a time for inner reflection and positive growth.
Here is a plan for a solstice celebration for a group of people to hold outdoors - at the beach, park, in the mountains, or another space big enough wherever you live - or in a large indoor space.
The celebration ceremony
1. A central focal point is established. It could be a bon fire or candles or flowers - something universal to all, regardless of religious orientation.
2. To begin, everyone gathers round the central focal point in a circle and holds hands.
3. The leader or group recite a prayer, such as the one above, for spiritual growth in personal peace and world peace.
4. After the prayer follows a minute of silence for contemplation on the solstice as a time of strong spiritual practice and action.
5. The silence flows into uplifting group singing or peace chants. If the group knows a simple circle dance that could come next.
6. At the end of singing and dancing everyone sits down in place for a few minutes of silent meditation on the theme of spiritual growth.
7. Rounding out the ceremony, all rise, join hands and sing an uplifting song for world peace.
Independence Day Prayer
I invite you to join me in a daily group cyber meditation for personal and planetary peace. Click the article here to read about it.
Meditation Lessons for Teens and Adults
More than 70 offerings, from guided meditation techniques to on-the-go stress relief and relationship meditations interspersed with verse, and a section of special occasion prayers. 114 pages. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook | Kindle
Meditation for All Kids
Sitting, walking, dance and group circle meditations, along with positive affirmations, verses and benefits of meditation for kids of all ages and abilities in a 100 page book with illustrations. PDF Ebook | EPUB | Paperback | Mac Users | B&N NOOK eBook | Kindle
Note: Sign up below or in the right-hand column for our meditation site newsletter. It only requires your email address and is never given out or sold to anyone. It is an easy way to keep abreast of new articles on the meditation site.
Article by Susan Helene Kramer
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Susan Helene Kramer. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Susan Helene Kramer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Susan Helene Kramer for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.