Pineapple Pecan Dessert Squares Recipe
1. In a large bowl, pour boiling water over the gelatin and stir about 2 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved completely. Stir in the pineapple juice. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until syrupy and just starting to thicken.
2. In 13x9-inch (3 quart) glass baking dish, toss cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, coconut, pecans, and melted butter until well blended. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture for topping and press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
3. In another bowl, beat (with electric mixer) on medium speed the cream cheese, sour cream, and the other 1/4 cup sugar until smooth and set aside.
4. Beat gelatin mixture on low speed until foamy and then beat on high speed until light and fluffy. The mixture will resemble beaten egg whites. Beat in the cream cheese mixture until just mixed. Gently stir in crushed pineapple (with liquid). Pour into crust-lined dish. Sprinkle the 1/2 cup crumb mixture over the top.
5. Refrigerate appx. 4 hours or until set.
Yields 18 servings
You Should Also Read:
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Almond Lemon Cake Recipe
Peach Upside Down Cake Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Jennifer Murray. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Jennifer Murray. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Megan Mignot for details.