Kale and Blueberry Salad Recipe
Blueberries are sweet, nutritious and wildly popular. They are considered to be the ultimate anti-aging memory food and are the most nutrient dense of all berries. They contain Vitamins C and K, manganese, and flavonoid anthocyanins. Studies have shown that blueberries may help improve night vision, reduce eyestrain, and slow the deterioration of memory and motor coordination associated with aging.
Put together, these two super foods are a winner.
When I cook or make salads, I add as much or as little as I feel is necessary. I cook "to taste."
- kale (buy pre-cut for a quick put together)
- avocado peeled, pitted, and cut into smaller pieces
- apple peeled, cored, and cut into smaller pieces
- unsalted pumpkin seeds
- goat or feta cheese
- blueberries fresh or frozen
- olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar
- ginger grated
- raw honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix kale with a little bit of salt, pepper, and a light coating of olive oil.
- Add avocado, apple, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, and cheese to the kale.
- In a blender, combine a handful or two of blueberries, about three tablespoons of olive oil, one to two tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar, grated ginger (this could make the dressing go spicy so go easy and add more if needed), about a teaspoon of raw honey and some water to thin the mixture.
- Plate the salad, drizzle dressing over the top, and enjoy!
The dark green hues of kale, and rich blue in the berries make this salad not only appetizingly yummy to look at, but it also packs a powerful, nutritional punch.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and the articles I write are intended to increase your knowledge about the subject. It’s always a good idea to check with your personal doctor before changing your diet.
You Should Also Read:
FREE Weight Loss Newsletter
JOIN the Weight Loss Discussion
READ MORE About Healthy Eating
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by AJ Alexander. All rights reserved.
This content was written by AJ Alexander. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact AJ Alexander for details.