Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Clean Eating Weight Loss Challenge
Do you feel tired and sluggish? Would you like to lose a few pounds? Warmer weather is here and it's time to start digging out your sleeveless tops, skirts, shorts, and the dreaded bikini! What you eat plays a major role in how you look and feel. So why not take the clean eating challenge? Eating clean does not have to be difficult. Fast food and processed food items are typically higher calorie and loaded with toxins and chemicals. You may be surprised that after two weeks on the clean eating challenge, you may feel more energetic, sleep better, and even lose a couple of pounds.
This two week plan is inexpensive and easy to follow. Try to avoid all processed foods and alcohol for the next two weeks. Pick your meals from the sample menu below for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and plan your meals for both weeks. The sample menu includes several meal options for each week. Remember to always check with your physician before starting any diet or weight loss program.
Two Week Clean Eating Sample Menu - Drink a glass of lemon water before each meal and snack.
1. Green smoothie and 10 raw almonds
2. Two boiled eggs and a small organic apple
3. Organic greek yogurt (one cup) and (one cup) of organic blueberries
4. One tablespoon organic almond butter and a small organic banana
1. Grilled chicken salad (Two cups of organic baby spinach,topped with sliced grilled chicken breast, two tbsp of black beans and salsa), one half sweet potato, and tangerine
2. Ground turkey patty topped with one tbsp of avocado and one tbsp of chopped onion and tomato, one cup of brown rice, one small organic apple
3. Almond butter and banana sandwich (Two slices of 100 percent whole wheat bread with two tbsp of organic almond butter and ½ banana sliced) plus one cup of organic greek yogurt
1. Green smoothie
2. Small apple sliced with one tbsp of organic almond butter
3. Three celery stalks with one tbsp of organic almond butter
4. One cup of organic greek yogurt topped with one tbsp of walnuts
Dinner choices:(meat serving size = the palm of your hand)
1. Grilled chicken breast, one half sweet potato,one cup of green beans
2. Grilled turkey burger (Grilled turkey patty on whole wheat bun with one tbsp of avocado, sliced tomato and onion) one cup of brown rice, one cup of steamed broccoli
3. Grilled salmon, broiled asparagus, and a small sliced organic tomato
1. One cup of almond milk and one tsp of organic peanut butter
2. One cup greek yogurt
3. Ten raw almonds
Green Smoothie Recipe:
One cup of organic vanilla almond or coconut milk
½ organic banana
one cup of organic baby spinach
½ cup crushed ice
one tsp of cinnamon
*Place ingredients and crushed ice in blender and blend until smooth
Clean Eating Grocery List: (Try to purchase organic whenever possible)
Fresh baby spinach
whole wheat bread
whole wheat hamburger buns
Make sure you get all your groceries for the week before starting the challenge. Write down your menu for each day so that there will be no guesswork to meals.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Patricia Mitchell. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Patricia Mitchell. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Patricia Mitchell for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.