Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Relieving Constipation Naturally in 12 Steps
Naturally relieving constipation is simple.
Of course it means making some dietary and lifestyle changes. But, since relieving constipation is so vitally important to your overall health and happiness, natural constipation relief is worth every second of the time and energy involved in following these twelve simple steps.
12 Steps to Relieving Constipation for Healthy Elimination
1. Eat a high fiber diet. Shoot for at least 24 to 38 grams a day. Choose food from my list of high fiber foods and high fiber food chart. Also check packaged food labels for fiber content. Add new fiber foods gradually to give your body time to adjust. Too much too fast can cause painful gas.
2. Drink 8 glasses of water daily. Getting plenty of liquids washes waste and toxins out of your body. But coffee, whole milk and sodas can actually contribute to constipation. Water is the best drink for relieving constipation and overall health. Drink 10 to 20 oz of pure water first thing in the morning for fast results.
3. Exercise regularly. Moving your body from the outside helps keep things moving on the inside. It doesn't much matter how you increase your physical activity. Just do it. 30 minutes a day can work wonders.
4. Avoid "hard" animal fats. You can reduce your problem by reducing foods that cause constipation, such as cheese, ice cream, whole milk, fatty meats, sugar processed foods and pastries. And you'll keep your colon well lubricated by eating more essential fatty acids, such as omega 3 fish oil.
5. Reduce stress. Relaxation helps loosen up your whole body. Eliminate as much stress as possible and take the time to maintain a positive attitude and get plenty of rest. Laughter is especially good for massaging the intestines.
6. Include a fiber supplement. But don't use it to replace good high fiber foods. You can buy daily fiber supplements at most health food stores. A morning fiber drink (with plenty of water), just after your big glass of water, works well.
7. Improve your digestion. If your digestion is poor, take natural digestive aids with your meals. Papaya is high in enzymes and can help.
8. Assume a squatting position. When you have a bowel movement, you should be in a natural squatting position. You can do this by purchasing a child’s step stool and using it to put under your feet when you sit on the toilet.
9. Make time for healthy elimination. Be sure to establish good elimination habits. In the beginning, you may need to give it more focus.
10. Clean with witch hazel. If you've already developed hemorrhoids from constipation, use a natural solution of witch hazel (from the drug store) to give yourself a final cleansing wipe after each bowel movement.
11. Plan ahead. Set up an eating, supplement and exercise program that you can take with you when you travel. Good habits have to be routine enough that you can take them on the road.
12. Get healthy. For optimum nutrition, you need to take nutritional supplements. So add an all natural health supplement to your diet. And since many medications constipate, work to get yourself healthy enough that you don't need drugs.
Be sure to check out my Natural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy
High Fiber Food Chart with Rankings
List of Vegetables with Their Nutritional Values
10 Healthiest Foods for Healthy Eating
Low Glycemic Diet GO and NO Foods
Fruit List with Nutritional Values
To subscribe to the Natural Health Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2018 by Moss Greene. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Moss Greene. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Moss Greene for details.
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.