No one's permitted to tell you there's a natural cure for diabetes.
But diabetes research clearly indicates that a super healthy diabetic diet plan, specific eating habits and regular exercise can prevent and even reverse most cases of type 2 diabetes.
And diabetes prevention and natural cure is simple. But following a healthy diabetic diet plan that includes daily exercise and excellent diabetes nutrition requires commitment and some serious lifestyle changes. But diabetes is serious business. And your health is worth it.
What NOT to do for Diabetes Prevention
Let's begin with what NOT to eat and the lifestyle NOT to live.
Although diabetes research is still ongoing, there are specific habits and foods proven to be detrimental to everyone, but specifically to anyone with diabetic heredity, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome or type 2 diabetes. These are the things you should AVOID:
- Fat intake over 30% of calories
- High glycemic index foods
- A physically inactive lifestyle
- Eating any processed bad fats
- Overeating and large meals
- Refined carbohydrates
- Sweetened colas and alcohol
Diabetes Prevention and Diabetic Diet
A good diabetic diet is a healthy diet. It's a low glycemic diet that's high in fiber, moderately low in fat 25% to 30% of calories, with a focus on good fats and high in diabetes nutrition.
The following foods are the foundation of a super healthy diabetic diet:
- low fat dairy,
- 100% whole grains,
- beans, nuts and seeds,
- fresh fruits and vegetables,
- lean poultry and omega 3 fish,
- natural whole food supplements.
- Eat a low glycemic diet of healthy high fiber foods.
- Reduce the saturated fat and trans fats in your diet.
- Increase your intake of omega 3 with EPA and DHA.
- Keep fat intake between 25% and 30% of daily calories.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes every day, such as walking.
- Have 4 to 6 small, healthy meals a day and don't overeat.
- Maintain good blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Do whatever it takes to reach and maintain a healthy weight.
- Take high quality, whole food, all natural health supplements.
- erectile dysfunction and impotence,
- nerve damage (neuropathy),
- amputations of extremities,
- cardiovascular disease,
- kidney disease,
- hearing loss
Learn more about my diabetic diet recommendations for the best fish oil capsules and nutritional health supplements by going to the omega 3 and feel better websites.
Be sure to sign up for my freeNatural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy:
Fish Oil and Weight Loss Research
10 Healthiest Foods for Healthy Eating
Diabetic Gains From Nutritious Whole Grains
Food Calorie Chart of Healthy Foods
To subscribe to the Natural Health Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright by Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.