Guest Author - Carolyn Chambers Clark, RN, EdD
Healthy lifestyle is an important way to prevent getting cancer and heal once you have it. The more closely you follow these recommendations, the healthier you will be and the more easily you will heal.
For best effects you must completely avoid the following foods and activities
1) all foods that contain sugar and/or refined flour including cakes, pies, candy, muffins, ice cream, many yogurt products, etc.; refined sugar and other simple sugars also interfere with your immune system, interfere with getting Vitamin C and oxygen into the cancer cells, depletes the body of key minerals and other nutrients because of its acidity as do refined flour products
2) all drinks that weaken you including sodas, soft drinks, processed juices, tap water, alcohol and coffee
3) all foods that contain trans fatty acids including margarine, french fries and all fried foods and virtually every other processed food you buy
4) artificial sweeteners (e.g., aspartame in Diet Coke, NutraSweet, Equal, etc.
6) polyunsaturated oils(e.g. corn oil and just about all oils except olive and canola)
7) all animal foods that occupy and distract the immunity system from focusing on killing the cancer cells (e.g. beef, turkey, chicken, dairy products); the one exception is that pregnant and nursing women should eat two eggs per day because the choline is necessary for the baby's brain development
8) grains (bread, pasta, cereal), corn, rice and potatoes
9) oranges, tangerines and dried fruit
10) table salt
12)condiments such as black pepper
13) smoking and being around people who smoke
14) refinishing furniture, using toxic cleaners, pesticides, spray paints, and other toxins that weaken you
Focus on the following foods and activities:
* fresh and uncooked fruits and vegetables
Cooking destroys the healing enzymes as does pasteurizing fruit drinks that contain nutrients that kill the cancer cells, stop the spread of cancer, or in some other way help treat the cancer.
Purple grapes with seeds and skin, red raspberries with seeds, strawberries with seeds, broccoli, asparagus, parsley, cabbage, beets, cauliflower, several herbs, carrots, pineapples, and almonds are best.
If you're too weak to eat raw fruits and vegetables, purchase a juicer, but be aware you lose nutrients in the seeds and flesh, but the juice is more easily digested and more nutrients can get to the cancer cells.
* natural sweeteners either stevia, a herb, or honey, the darker the better (contains powerful phenolic antioxidants that may be as good as grape juice at getting cancer killing substances into the cancer cells and also builds the immune system)
* natural sea salt, is helpful because it is a complex blend of trace minerals, as well as calcium and magnesium salts.
*all nuts and seeds (except cashews)
*all legumes, except peanuts, provide vegetable proteins and calories (including kidney beans, black beans, and other dried beans and peas)
* turmeric, which contains curcumin, a potent anti-cancer herb
* organically grown soybeans and soy products except tofu that has been produced in aluminum pans
* drink up to a gallon a day of distilled water or water passed through a reverse osmosis filter (you can buy the machine at a health food store)
*as much exercise daily as possible
Exercise pumps the lymph system and helps get toxins out of the body. Even lifting 1-3 pound weights for 10 minutes while sitting in a chair, will help
*cleanse your liver,
Your liver is the main filter of toxins in your body. A congested liver often precedes cancer and chemotherapy and radiation only add toxins. To cleanse your liver take the herb milk thistle or silymarin, eat dandelion greens or drink dandelion tea.
*live and work in non-polluted environments
Note: when you change your eating patterns, you may notice foul-smelling bowel movements and skin surfaces, especially if you don't take liver cleansers; these odors are signs you are eliminating toxins.
This article is for information purposes only. For treatment, consult your health care practitioner.