Circuit Training-Week 4 of Exercise Tune Up
Here is a circuit for beginners. Remember you can always adjust the exercises by intensity and endurance (time spent on exercises).
Beginners Circuit – Do not rest in between stations. Move quickly from one station to the next.
Station 1 – 10 reps, include each leg
• March in place
• Lift your knees high and swing your arms
Station 2 – Chair Squats, 10 reps
• These are like regular squats however you start sitting in a chair
• As you straighten your legs and come up out of the chair, lift you arms up over your head
• Sitting back into the chair let your arms fall back to your side
Station 3 - Bicycle Abs, 10 reps on each leg,
• Lie on your back with knees bent and feet on the floor
• Put your hands behind your head
• Lift your head and shoulders toward the right
• Bring your left knee up towards your body and straighten the right leg straight out
• Switch your twist and knees back and forth
Station 4 – Leg Lifts, 10 reps on each leg
• Come to your hands and knees
• Take your right leg straight out behind you
• Bend your knee and bring your foot towards your butt (10 x)
• Repeat with left leg
Station 5 – Wall Push Ups, 20 reps
• Face a wall and stand about a foot away
• Place your hands against the wall about shoulder width apart with arms straight
• Bend your elbows and move your chest towards the wall
• As you come in towards the wall lift your heels up
Station 6 – Jog or march in place for one minute
Station 7 – Standing Side Bends, 10 reps to each side
• Stand with feet shoulder width apart
• Bring your arms into a T position
• Bend slowly side to side running your hand down your leg
Station 8- Walking Lunges, 10 reps to each side
• Stand with feet hip width apart
• Begin walking forward coming into a lunge with your forward leg and dropping the back knee to the floor
• Come up and continue moving forward doing the lunges as though you are walking
• Turn around and lead with the other leg walk back to the beginning
Station9- Hip Rolls, 10 reps to each side
• Lie on your back , bend your knees and bring them into a table top position
• Bring your arms into a T position on the floor
• Roll both legs together to the right towards the floor
• Do not touch the floor
• Roll back to center and then to the left
• Continue the side to side motion
Station 10 – Jumping Jacks, 25 total
Rest for 1 minute then begin again. For best results do the circuit 2-3 times.
Always check with a medical professional before starting this or any workout. Be healthy, be happy!
Click here to purchase my EBOOK: Exercise Basics
Learn all you need to know to start a healthy and safe workout.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Terri Johansen. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Terri Johansen. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Terri Johansen for details.