Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Second Chakra Sacral –Chakra Primer
You are going to learn about the second Chakra the Sacral Chakra. This article is are part of my series – Chakra Primer which will eventually take you through all 7 Chakras.
Chakras are energy centers throughout the body each with their own distinct characteristics. There are 7 Chakras running from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. Chakras can be visualized as wheels, vibrating and spinning energy keeping us, both physically and mentally, in balance.
Each Chakra is very unique, for example here are some characters of the Sacral Chakra:
• Location: located between the base of your spine and your navel
• It is associated with your lower abdomen, kidneys, bladder, circulatory system, your reproductive organs and glands
• Color: Orange
• Sense: Taste
• Element: Water
• The Sacral Chakra emphasizes emotions such as desire, pleasure, sexuality, and creativity. A blockage in the Sacral Chakra can cause emotional problems such as compulsive obsessive behavior
• Astrological sign: Sagittarius/Pisces
• Forms of healing: Aromatherapy such as sandalwood, tangerine, orange, and geranium; the sacral chakra is associated with water so try aromatherapy baths; meditation (see suggested meditation to follow); physical activity, something to make you sweat; crystals and gemstones such as red and brown aventurine, carnelian, red garnet, red jasper, ruby – wear jewelry with these stones, and clothing of these colors
• Yoga poses: Moon Salutations; twisting triangle, pose of goddess, triangle, pigeon, bound angle
Following are some affirmations that affect the sacral chakra. Use these when you meditate and it will help keep your chakras balanced. However, it is important that you believe in yourself and the affirmation.
• “The Universe guides me to wherever I am meant to be.”
• “I am worthy of pleasure and love”
• “I am whole and love and accept myself”
• “I belong to life and its joys”
• “I welcome enjoyment, contentment, and happiness into my life ”
This meditation for the Sacral Chakra includes the image and resonance of water flowing.
A meditation for the Sacral Chakra
• As a healing meditation you might want to take a warm bath, light some candles, provide some form of aromatherapy, and play soft music.
• Sit or lie in a comfortable position and close your eyes. Roll your shoulders back and down. Relax your face and jaw.
• Come into a soft breathing pattern and bring your mind to focus on the breath
• Stay here for awhile until you feel your body relaxing fully
• Now that you are relaxed ask yourself what do you need from the Sacral Chakra such as:
Allowing your emotions to flow freely?
What is your picture of happiness?
Recognizing where you are and should be in your life?
• Begin to repeat in your mind: “I am worthy of all love and happiness”.
• Repeat this mantra as long as you like. You must believe in it.
• When you are finished stand up. Straighten your spine and feel tall, cast your eyes forward, put your hands in front of your heart and say aloud, “I believe”.
Live well, practice yoga.
Click here to purchase my EBOOK: Exercise Basics
Learn all you need to know to start a healthy and safe workout.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Terri Johansen. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Terri Johansen. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Terri Johansen for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.