Guest Author - Jen Blackert
Wouldn’t it be refreshing to know exactly how your mind is holding you back so you can create the life of your dreams?
Change Your Story!
You were born into this world with all the faith in the world that you would be taken care of. You knew all your needs would be met. You were present and curious about what events occurred during your day.
Life begins to change by the age of two. When you are told, “No, don’t touch, don’t put it in your mouth.” You know the drill.
In the book, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz, Don talks to us about Breaking Old Agreements”. He says, “Very young children are not afraid to express what they feel. They are so loving that if they perceive love, they melt in love. They are not afraid to love at all. This is the description of a normal human being.”
Can you step back and remember the time when you were free and authentic as a child? Now is the time to let go of the fearful, limiting ideas, beliefs and lack of confidence, security or love that aren’t aligned with your dreams and authentic self.
Leave everything in the past! Observe the mind and every time a thought comes up ask yourself, “Is this thought of past, present, or future?” How long (time yourself) can you keep your mind out of any past thoughts and future moments? The past is a mere memory and the future is a mere fantasy. This means that you need to deal with issues in the now. Redirect the mind into the present time. What do you experience and feel right now? You must start listening to what you hear in your mind and feel internally on a moment-by-moment basis.
When you do find a belief that isn’t working for you (or what I call a dragon pattern), have no judgment, write down the situation in your journal and name your dragon/pattern. Keep it there until you have the time to open your journal and recreate thoughts to retrain your wild dragon in your mind.
Awareness is the key!
Daily yoga practice is vital to manifesting our inner desires. Yoga offers awareness, confidence and a strong state of mind. These are just a few components needed to getting what you want in life.
Since we manifest on a daily basis it’s important to check in with yourself and see how things are unfolding everyday. Daily goals are like little puzzle pieces in your big vision puzzle. Did one of your puzzle pieces fall into place today?
Here are a few questions to help you learn how you mind is helping or hindering your life.
Ask these questions everyday in search for limiting beliefs, mental patterns and even successful habits.
Daily Questions or “Ask List”:
1. Am I enjoying each moment of my day? What moments aren’t full of joy? When you feel in love or in joy with something you are “on-purpose.” The goal is to do more things you are aligned with and delegate the rest.
2. Do I love the compensation? This doesn’t have to be a dollar amount, but you must feel that you aren’t being taken-for-a-ride emotionally, physically, or spiritually.
3. If I don’t enjoy it, why am I putting up with it? What is the obstacle (a.k.a. dragon) that is causing me to live this way? What can I do about it? Can I choose to feel differently about this?
1. What felt good and worked well today?
2. What patterns did I see? Are these patterns that are beneficial to my future? Where did this pattern come from? Can I replace this behavior with a different behavior?
3. Where did I get distracted? When did I feel I wasn’t “on-purpose?” Did anything happen today that caused me to lose focus?